Monday, January 30, 2012

Audacious Hope

I hope for so many things.

I hope the weather will be perfect for my child’s birthday party.
I hope NCIS will never go off the air.
I hope the cheesecake I had for dessert will go to fuel my brain instead of finding its way to my hips.

I have no reason to believe any of these things will happen the way I want them to.

But I still hope.
We have more serious hopes. We hope our parents live forever and our children make us proud. And whenever a baby is expected, whether that child is yours, your grandchild, your friend’s first or seventh, there is a universal hope for wellness. We hear it all the time. “I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl. Just so long as they’re healthy.”

But sometimes . . . All the hoping in the world won’t change reality.

To read the rest of the post...I'm over at Encouraging Women today...please come by and say hello.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Joy Dare 2012 ~ more grace...more joy...more hope...

3 old things seen new...

  1. my van that gets me where I need to go
  2. my childhood comforter tucked around my sick toddler
  3. Isaiah 26:3-4 ~ You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. (ESV)

You can find all my Joy Dare 2012 entries here.

2 comments:

amy said...

Lynn, this is beautiful. Just yesterday the Lord reminded me how much I've learned from you and Meredith. Two amazing moms with audacious hope I am so blessed to know!

Jacqui said...

God so used your post on Audacous hope to unlock something deep within me. I have been feeling so overwhelmed with my Matt's difficulties...losing hope in some ways. I wept as I read your words as God slowly reminded me of the hope that is mine. Thank you.