But there was one item I left off the list...on purpose!
One of the best things a reader can do to support their favorite authors is ...
Tell everybody about their books!
Every now and then, I'm going to use our Thursdays to introduce you to authors I love. And we're going to start with a genre that is near and dear to my heart.
I was a reader long before becoming a writer. I love to read just about anything (no horror, please!), but one of my favorite genres is Romantic Suspense. Here (in alphabetical order) are five of my favs...
- Lynette Eason - I've reviewed a couple of Lynette's books here at Out of the Boat. In her Women of Justice series the heroines are computer whizzes, forensic anthropologists, and hostage negotiators. In the first book of her new Deadly Reunions series we get to hang out with a fire-fighting smoke jumper.
- Irene Hannon - The Heroes of Quantico series was fantastic! We meet three members of the FBI's elite Hostage Rescue Team and, of course, some lovely women who cross their path. The Guardians of Justice series is next on my reading list.
- Dee Henderson - Oh how I love the O'Malleys! And Dee's Uncommon Heroes series is another favorite. I just learned that she's releasing a new book this fall and I'm thrilled!
- Ronie Kendig - I snagged Ronie's Dead Reckoning as a freebie on Kindle. And read it in record time. Her Discarded Heroes series is a great mix of special ops and romance. Look for my review of the fourth book in the series, Firethorn, next week. (Oh - and I'll be giving away my review copy!)
- DiAnn Mills - DiAnn is currently (as in you've got until March 12th to enter) running a giveaway for her newest book, The Chase, on Goodreads. It looks so good, I would enter repeatedly if I could get by with it. Her Call of Duty series had heroines as varied as a CIA agent in hiding, an FBI agent with a secret past, and a border patrol agent grieving the murder of her husband. (DiAnn also writes exciting historical fiction!).
So . . . tell me . . . do you read romantic suspense? Have you read anything by my favorite authors? Do you have a favorite to share with me? I'd love to know what you're reading right now!
Never miss a post! Subscribe to Out of the Boat by Email