Books: Have you ever read anything by Jenny B. Jones? She’s a hoot. Fun YA/chick-lit. I stayed up way too late several times this week reading So Not Happening.
(This begs the question…was I staying up late because of the Olympics, or do I just have a bad habit of staying up late?)
Writing: A friend from church made my month when she took the time to tell me she’s been encouraged by the blog. I had no idea. Love it when God lets me see a sliver of what He’s up to.
Life: I am on a diet. At this point, it is not a lifestyle change. It is a “DIE”t. I am dying for a Coke. And for sushi. And pizza. So of course, as I’m sipping on some unsweetened tea and munching an apple—and not happy about it—what do I run across but this quote from Paul Tripp…
“God calls you to deny yourself then blesses you with the indwelling Holy Spirit so you will have the power to say "no.”
Family: At 12:23 p.m. on Thursday afternoon, all the upstairs rooms were tidy.
TV: I got behind on this season of Covert Affairs so I took the time to catch up. All in the name of research, of course. And maybe because I have a wee crush on Auggie.
Wonders: I don’t know if there is a nicer way to end a day than with one of my children softly snoring in my arms.
Weirdness: I cleaned out the the kitchen junk drawers (yes, I said drawers, with an s, as in plural). A few of the *treasures* I discovered:
- 7,234,872 tiny rubber bands
- 6 carmex lip balms and a lipstick - my lips will be super smooth for weeks
- 4 rolls of Scotch tape - which would explain why I can never find any when I need it
- A stash of beads from a rash act of craftiness
- An undetermined number of chargers and headphones (undetermined because I’m going to need an hour to untangle them)
- 8 tubes of sample size toothpaste (don’t ask)
- $3.78 - which is more than enough for me to snag a mocha frappe from McDonald’s…which I won’t…because I’m on a diet.
Grace and peace,