Sunday, March 3, 2013

Currents :: 03-03-13

Books: Recently read Desperate by Sarah Mae and Sally Clarkson and Undaunted by Christine Caine. Both were excellent and I highly recommend them. Stay tuned for my reviews.

Writing: Thinking about entering my first 1500 words in the Frasier contest. Terrified.

Scripture: Our church is going through a Bible reading program called Eat This Book. (You can read about it here). Each day we read 2-4 chapters and then a Psalm. I’m thinking about having t-shirts printed that say “I Survived Leviticus”! Seems like there should be some sort of Christian merit badge for such an accomplishment (I’m kidding. Sort of). Of course, we went right into Numbers, and so far, Numbers is worse. So many, well, numbers.

Food: I’m avoiding wheat, refined sugar, and most dairy products for at least the next 30 days. I feel better…except for the part where I think I could tackle someone for a Reese’s cup.

Music: Completely hooked on Spotify. Have you tried it? Right now, I’m listening to the score from Pride and Prejudice. Love!

TV: Recording The Bible series on the History Channel. I’ve heard great things. Looking forward to watching!

Wonders AND Weirdness: While I’m thrilled to be past it, I have to say that in a weird way, I enjoyed Leviticus. There’s so much imagery, so much Law, so many ways to mess up. Which leaves me in fresh wonder when I contemplate Grace!

May your week be filled with wonders and weirdness!

Grace and peace,
Lynn

1 comments:

Vonda Skelton said...

I love this update! Thanks for the links and for letting us see what's going on in your life. :-)