Monday, May 17, 2010

Blue Ridge Monday

Wow!

I have had an awesome day.

I managed to get appointments scheduled with all the agents here, so if nothing else, I'll get lots of practice making my pitch.

I'm taking a continuing class taught by Angela Hunt - which means I get to absorb about 6 hours of writing instruction from a master. She's fabulous. She also gave us homework.

I had lunch with the editor here representing Bethany House and now I can send in a proposal (you can't do this unless they request it - well, you could, but they won't read it).

Then I had my critique. And walked out on a cloud! DiAnn Mills is no slouch in the writing world. She's won tons of awards and she judges contests and she's a mentor with the Christian Writer's Guild. And she thinks my book has serious potential.

Picture me - goofy grin - trying to be all cool as I realize she's not going to tell me to go home and delete all my files. 

Granted, if I do everything she suggested it will mean a major-league re-write. But no one ever said this was going to be easy. And, given that I just started writing 14 months ago, I think it is fairly fabulous!

I'm having a great time.

Now, if you'll excuse me . . . I need to do my homework!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to hear more.

Aunt T said...

So Exciting!

Story and Logic Media Group said...

DiAnn is a great teacher. She critiqued my work the first year I went to BlueRidge. Then she kind of takes you under her wing, and each year when you go back she will want to know how you are progressing with your writing.