Thursday, September 29, 2011

31 Days of . . .

Last week, I posted a review of Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman. Emily blogs at Chatting at the Sky and she issued an invitation to join her in blogging for 31 days straight on the topic of our choice.


Last year, she blogged on 31 Days of Grace (how appropriate) and this year, she's taking October to share with us 31 Days to Change the World (she aims high)!


When I finished reading her post, I had a mental conversation that went something like this...

Crazy Me: Wow! That sounds like fun!
Responsible Me: Fun? Are you crazy? It sounds like a lot of work.

Crazy Me: But it would be a great way to flex my writing muscles.
Responsible Me: It would be a great way to lose my mind.

Crazy Me: I wonder what I could write about?
Responsible Me: Good question. I have a hard time blogging twice a week. No way I can pull off 31 days straight.

Crazy Me: I think I want to try it.
Responsible Me: No.

So, I tabled the discussion and went on about my day, trying to ignore the bickering. I decided to be quite spiritual and - novel idea - pray about it. Because Responsible Me is right - it's no small thing to commit to blogging for 31 days straight. And what would I blog about anyway?

Then I ran across a blog post from Seth Godin. Guess what he recommends? Blogging every day.

Then I started getting ideas. Turns out I have quite a few topics to choose from.

Then I heard a powerful sermon, ran across a spot-on blog, read a phrase that resonated - and to my surprise - I had a topic.

Crazy Me did a happy dance as Responsible Me started to have a change of heart.

Responsible Me: I'd have to plan it out. Write a few days in advance in case of emergency.
Crazy Me: ((giggles with glee))

Resonsible Me: Maybe I could do it - for 31 days.
Crazy Me: Yes!

Responsible Me: This is crazy.
Crazy Me: I know!

Crazy Me is a bit full of herself this morning. Responsible Me has had concordances, Bibles, books, Greek dictionaries and two notebooks going all week. She's still not sure how this will go. But she's committed to seeing where God leads in the days ahead.

I'd love it if you would join me in October for 31 Days of Renewing.

Side Note: I always post my blogs on Facebook (Lynn Huggins Blackburn) and Twitter (@LynnHBlackburn), but if you want to be sure you receive a notice whenever there's a new post, it's easy to subscribe. If you check out the sidebar to the right, you'll find several options. You can follow by email (enter your email and you'll receive an email each time I update) or subscribe through an RSS feed.

0 comments: