Thursday, November 1, 2012

You Know You're A Writer When...

It's November 1st. The day when writers all over the world flex their fingers and dive in to the wild and crazy ride that is NaNoWriMo.

In case you aren't familiar with that acronym it stands for National Novel Writing Month and the idea is to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

I've done it in the past but I'm not participating this year for two reasons.
1. I'm a little too far into my work-in-progress. (The rules state that you are supposed to start on Word Zero).
2. I'm going to be on vacation for a week. (I'm not interested in trying to squeeze in 50K in 21 days).

Since I'm not NaNo'ing this year, I decided to talk about the ways writers like to procrastinate. And believe me, writers procrastinate in all sorts of "writerly" ways.

I'm over at The Write Conversation today, with my "You Know You're A Writer When You Procrastinate By...." thoughts. I'd love it if you'd come over and say Hi. (And leave us your favorite way to procrastinate in the comments!)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sneak Peek: Check back here next Thursday for my review of Placebo by Steven James!

0 comments: