Thursday, May 7, 2015

Stay in the Writing Game

Stay in the Writing Game
by Lynn H Blackburn @LynnHBlackburn

I’d like to tell you a little story . . . I promise it is relevant . . . 

Over the past few months, my family has had an unprecedented amount of illness and minor injuries. So much so that I’ve missed an insane amount of time in the gym. Where I had been consistent, I found myself struggling to make it even once a week, and often missed a couple of weeks in a row. 

Then last Thursday happened.

I was cleared to go back to the gym, but when I looked at the workout I cringed.

A 1-mile row followed by a 1-mile run followed by 4 minutes of weighted plank.

Shoot.Me.Now.

I went anyway. My plan was to row slow and to walk if I needed to.

I didn't need to.

Don’t get me wrong, my running would be more accurately described as a slow slog, but I ran that mile. Every step of it. 

When I got home, I realized how remarkable it was. Not because I’m fast or because that workout was a super challenging one. (In fact, it was what we call an “active recovery” day).

But …


I'm guest posting today over at The Write Conversation. Hop on over there to read the rest of the story...

0 comments: