Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Book Review

My friend, Edie Melson
Edie Melson is a gifted author, co-founder of The Christian Writer's Den, and a faculty member of the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference. Her resume is impressive but the reason I love her is because she is one of the first people who made me feel like a "real" writer.

Now, for those of you who read this blog regularly, or just want a laugh, scroll back to the post Brownie Bliss  - that episode was entirely Edie's fault! While Edie is responsible for me eating quite a few brownies, there's no question that my writing is better because of her wisdom and her willingness to tell me when something needs to be changed, improved or deleted. She is a constant source of encouragement to me and her blog, The Write Conversation, is a must read for writers and people who love them.

So, imagine my delight when she agreed to let me post a book review each month on her blog. OK - I did sort of back her into a corner about it. I'm pretty sure when she asked our writers group she was hoping for someone more experienced to take her up on it, but hey, she did ask. And I did offer. And well, here you go . . .

http://thewriteconversation.blogspot.com/2010/08/thursday-review-writing-for-soul.html

My book review of Jerry B. Jenkins Writing for the Soul. Leave me a comment over at The Write Conversation and let me know what you think. Um . . . unless you think it's terrible. You can leave the negative comments over here at Out of the Boat!

1 comments:

Erynn said...

So exciting. You ARE a legit writer! Enjoyed your review too. I don't have that one yet, but I'll definitely be checking it out now.