Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So Thankful

As 2009 draws to a close, I've been thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for . . .

For my Heavenly Father – I'm so thankful that even when I am faithless, He remains faithful. That He is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in Spirit. That His grace is sufficient and that He is the only place where I find rest for my soul

For Brian – I'm so thankful I married
- a man who isn't afraid of hard work and proves it every day
- a man who loves me and his family and proves it every day
- a man who has suffered much but still worships
- a man with a sense of humor – even if it is slightly nuts
- a man who can put up with me – because I doubt anyone else could

For Emma – I'm so thankful for a little girl who
- can tell me she wants cookies for breakfast
- finds joy in french fries
- has memorized every DVD she owns and quotes from them at random moments – I just realized the other day that this is a hereditary trait – her daddy does that too!
- is always happy to see me
- sees the world differently than anybody else and helps me see it that way, too

For James – I am so thankful for a little boy who
- is healthy and smart and blessedly normal
- thinks no one can fix things the way mommy can
- has the sweetest little feet - especially because I know someday those same precious toes I love to kiss will be long and smelly and gross!
- has a favorite word - “Mama”
- finds joy in discovering the world around him – and helps me find that joy, too

I'm thankful for so many random things -

For parents who think I'm doing a good job even when I think I'm blowing it
For parents who think I can do things I've never even thought of trying

For a sister who would do anything for me and frequently does

For extended friends and family who love and pray for me

For chocolate

For a mother-in-law who loves me and thinks I'm doing a good job

For friends who invested hours of time they didn't have to help me pursue some crazy dreams

0 comments: