Friday, May 21, 2010

Blue Ridge Friday

Don't worry. I'm not confused.

I know the conference ended Thursday.

Technically.

But I think it may take a few weeks to get back to normal.

My husband and children were so glad to have me home. They had flowers and a plan for supper that did not include cooking! I so appreciate their - OK, Brian's - sensitivity and understanding that I was worn out. And he knows when I'm exhausted, taking supper off my hands is guaranteed to make me happy!

I got home, got unpacked, played with my little ones, watched TV with Brian and went to bed earlier than I have in a week.

But now it's Friday.

This may not make sense to anyone who wasn't at Blue Ridge, but I feel weird.

Not, I'm a writer so I'm weird. I feel that way all the time.

More, I'm a writer. Holy cow. Now, how do I make that work into my life? And what should I do first? Should I work on my plot skeleton for my next book? And I want to type up all my notes so I can firmly plant them into my brain.

But wait, I've got to tweak the beginning of my manuscript and get it sent out. Pronto.

I also need to clean the bathrooms.

Ugh.

I hate cleaning bathrooms.

I was warned that post-conference depression is normal.

I wouldn't say I'm depressed. But I can feel myself coming off the conference "high" and I'm not sure the return to reality is going to be a totally smooth transition.

It's only taken me several hundred words to figure out the one word I need to describe how I feel.

Overwhelmed.

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, You knew my path. Psalm 142:3 (NASB)

2 comments:

Erynn said...

Me too! To all that. Notes, blogs (and I have to START one), thank yous, and the all important. . . do I FINISH my manuscript first, or go back and fix the beginning? Or maybe I should just set it down and start from scratch on something new.
It's not like I thought being a writer would be EASY, but I wasn't quite prepared for JUST how hard.
Praying for you.

Story and Logic Media Group said...

Yep. Been there done that. Today actually.